Saturday, April 17, 2010

Consumer-Oriented Sales Promotions



I believe that the print ad promoting Dish Network is very effective because it asks for immediate action. The section at the top states, "Call today and lock in a full year of savings." The section at the bottom states, "Sign up today and ask how you can receive $100 cash back." The package starting at $19.99 a month includes 120 channels, free HBO and Showtime for 3 months, a free HD DVR Receiver, and free installation in up to 6 rooms. All of these free premiums expire on May 3, 2010. There is a lot of free stuff and the price sounds really good. The low price, along with the limited time offer, really makes me want to pick up the phone and dial now. On the other hand, I find the battery promotion to be somewhat ineffective. The free premium of two "aa" batteries is a very small premium. I actually didn't even notice the premium until after I bought the batteries. The promotion doesn't ask for immediate action either. I would have bought the batteries without the premium just because they seem to last a long time. Two "aa" batteries will not make or break my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment