Sunday, March 21, 2010





The direct mail pictured above did not get my attention. I'm not interested in a new truck though because I am satisfied with my car. If I was considering a truck, the ad would definitely have caught my attention. The ad even has a chart that compares the 2010 Chevy Silverado to other trucks in the same class. Horsepower, locking rear differential, fuel economy, and power-train warranties, are all compared in the chart. Chevy comes out on top in all of these categories. This was very effective because people tend to compare things and usually want the one that stands out. This ad promotes mostly just the Chevy Silverado which is a more popular vehicle amongst men. Fuel economy and horsepower are two things that most men would like in a big truck. Horsepower, along with towing capacity, are mentioned above the chart as well. This is a male household so Chevy is reaching the right market. However, this may be just a coincidence. Chevy also uses a chrome background for this ad which helps to capture the attention of viewers. On the other side of the ad there is a list of Chevy dealerships around Wisconsin. The 0% financing for 60 months also helped to catch my attention. This is something that would be very appealing to a majority of the people in the market to buy a new truck. Overall I thought the ad was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment